Originally I was planning on taking a couple vacation days and heading back up to Ciudad Valles in San Luis Potosà for my 1st Mexican wedding, however on Wednesday when I was supposed to leave, Valles and all the highways leading into the city were underwater and impassable. So, changing plans, I ended up in Metztitlan, Hidalgo again to visit Janet. This was the last weekend of the Metztitlan fair, so there were a bunch of festivities taking place and the main plaza was filled with the normal fair booths, bread stands, and bands. I arrived on Friday night just in time for the fireworks in front of the church. As with most of the fireworks displays, it’s more like a flaming tower where the fireworks make designs or images (see earlier Queretaro entry in September for a video of this). The finale on the Friday night display was a rotating crown on top of the tower that read: Viva Metztitlan 2008.
No comments:
Post a Comment