Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dia de la Virgen Guadalupe 2009

So I'm a little slow in posting, but better late than never. This year for December 12 I was in Puebla to celebrate day of the Virgin Guadalupe and actually went to midnight mass on the night of the 11th to sing happy birthday to her. People brought balloons and flowers as gifts and many of the balloons ended up at the top of the chapel. The church in Puebla was packed (as were most of the churches across the country). Outside the church there were typical Mexican fair food stalls. Kids were taking their pictures in different scenes with the virgin and some were elaborate enough to have live animals like ponies, goats, donkeys, and lambs.

1 comment:

Ana Hernández Balzac said...

We missed this celebration this year. I was working and Jajean went with other PCVs to La Malinche. I didn't know so much went on in the city that day!