Trying to fulfill my quest of never spending a full weekend within the city limits of Puebla (not a goal actually, just appears that way), I decided to visit the closest thing to Easter Island that exists in Mexico. Again, not really, but the featured attraction at the Tula ruins are a series of 4.5m tall statues that sit on top of the highest pyramid on the site. Standing Atop of the pyramid, there is a decent view of the surrounding area, but part of it is marred by the nearby Pemex refinery smokestacks. However, the abundance of wildflowers was also visible. Because we are just coming out of the rainy season, the fields (and the site of the ruins) all over Mexico are filled with blooming wildflowers. Standing atop the pyramid also gave me a rare pleasure that I hardly ever get to experience in Mexico, I was surrounded by people taller than me. The grandota (my nation-wide nickname that means the big one), was finally amongst her people.










No comments:
Post a Comment